We love adding arts and crafts into our homeschool routine. We usually do one planned structured art project a month in our routine. Sometimes we pick something that is based around an upcoming holiday and sometimes we just find something fun on Pinterest to do. There are so many benefits to arts and crafts that you can read more about in this post (10 Benefits of Arts & Crafts).
Below are a list of some free resources for art lesson ideas.
- Art for Kids Hub offers numerous drawing tutorials for all ages: https://www.youtube.com/c/ArtforKidsHub/videos
- Kids Art Hub offers drawing tutorials for all ages: https://www.youtube.com/user/kidsarthub/featured
- Cartoon Club Junior is a YouTube channel for kids that offers tutorials on drawing cartoons: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwuY5vFq1JrYuJUldW1-kYg
- Art Projects for kids has some free step by step drawing tutorials on their website: https://artprojectsforkids.org/gallery-new/
- Arttango offers lessons for students K-5th: http://www.arttango.com/
- Mr P Studios is a YouTube channel that has many different art tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrPstudios/videos
- Createful Art is a YouTube Channel offering different art projects including painting tutorials and using oil pastels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV7PEz8F9pwLksoAtPzHB5w/playlists
- Deep Spark Space offers free and paid art lessons for elementary students: https://www.deepspacesparkle.com/category/art-lessons/
- The Artful Parent has a huge library of art lesson ideas including water color paint, printmaking, clay, & more: https://artfulparent.com/kids-arts-crafts-activities-500-fun-artful-things-kids/